Since moving to LA a few years ago, I’ve had quite the journey of jumping from house to house. About a month ago, it came time for me to finally find a place and set some down some roots. And so began the hunt for the perfect house…
As with most big cities, finding a house in a good location, reasonably priced, and before anyone else can be an ordeal. So in order to hack this process, I did what I knew best – used my Feedly of course!
- I started by going to the Craigslist “Apartments & Housing” section
- Next I set my filters
- I searched for 2 bedroom apartments within a 5 mile radius of my zipcode at my ideal price point then hit search
- I scrolled to the bottom of the page (with the filters set) and at the bottom right corner there was an orange RSS button. I clicked the button and it automatically sent me to the RSS URL, so I copied that URL
4. Once I copied the RSS URL, I went to the Add Content section of my Feedly and under the websites tab, I pasted the URL
5. Last I clicked “follow” and added it to a new feed, which I titled “House Hunt”
Once I created a housing feed in my Feedly account, I was able to check in each day and see what new homes had been posted. It conveniently showed me the number of new posts on my left side panel so I always knew when new items had been added to the feed. And by using the power of my boards, I was able to save my favorites in one organized and convenient place so I could check back in when I was scheduling appointments.
After just a few weeks I was able to find the perfect place and live happily ever after